The Academy of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia (the Academy) marks its 10th anniversary of establishment by renewing its strategy document.
Over the years of successful operation, the Academy proved its vital role amongst the public, private and international sectors. Based on the 2015-2020 strategy, Academy played important role in developing and enhancing the skills and capacity of the Civil Servants of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia, as well as other civil service and private organizations.
Since its establishment in 2011, the Academy set a number of important milestones: The Academy implemented the EU funded Twinning project in collaboration with HAUS Finnish Institute of Public Management and Estonian Academy of Security and Science. Thanks to the Twinning project, the Academy significantly improved ongoing processes and consolidated its presence in the training market.
With the help of EU funded projects, the Academy created the 2015-2020 strategy with six main goals. With the motivation and full awareness of the team members of the Academy, as well as a clear written process of the strategic goals, the Academy fulfilled all the objectives outlined in the outdated strategy.
With the active involvement of the EU delegation in Georgia and its experts, the Academy updated its strategy to 2021-2025 based on the latest developments and also trends of the next future.
The strategy documents are created through the inclusion of every member of the staff, to ensure all opinions and motivation to support fully the set goals.
The new strategy has a basis of prior experience and knowledge; therefore, all the strategic goals are based on concrete plans and concepts.
Strategic goals echo contemporary challenges and trends. Effective implementation of the strategic goals will be the guarantee for the Academy to continue its successful path through the strategy period, as well as plan in advance to respond to emerging needs along the way.
Academy will fulfil and implement the updated strategy by project management Hybrid approach. Alongside with the management of the Academy, departments below will be responsible for delivering results in the updated strategy.
The Program Management Team represents the core functionality of the Academy. It guarantees successful implementation of the training, workshop and seminars mainly targeted towards the Ministry of Finance of Georgia. Moreover, the program management team has direct contact with other public sectors and offers training to the private sector.
The updated strategy mainly concentrates on strengthening cooperation between trainers and stakeholders, as well as refining the training process and experience.
Regional Training Management
The Year 2018 was significant for the Academy as it successfully started to operate its first branch in Batumi. The Academy branch fully covers the autonomous republic of Adjara, as well as nearby administrative entities. Since– its opening, the Batumi branch has trained more than 7000 participants and played an active role in the capacity building of civil servants of the autonomous republic of Adjara.
Updated strategy magnifies the role of the branch by growing cooperation with the local government, as well as increases involvement with the public sector. Furthermore, the Regional Management Team will cover the remaining regions of Georgia.
The Academy has become a trustworthy partner for many international organizations such as the International Monetary Fund, UN Women, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GiZ), UN Development Program, World Bank and other reputable global organizations.
With the collaboration of the international partner organizations, the Academy conducted important projects that impacted and showed tangible results on the local and international levels.
Updated strategy implies further enhancing international cooperation, as well as plans to implement capacity-building projects for partner organizations in a wider scope.
The Academy updated its quality management system from 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015. In addition to this, the Academy obtained a novel ISO 21001:2018 Educational quality management system that regulates all educational related processes.
Updated strategy implies transferring all the knowledge and congregated experience on the written process, to make the Academy’s operations sustainable.
Public Relations and Marketing
The Academy tested and refined its approach towards the potential and existing customers over the years. The Academy was one of the forerunner organizations that used digital approaches to be successful and generated greater publicity.
Updated strategy implies using modern technology, explore data more thoroughly and targeting potential customers more efficiently. This is going to allow the Academy to allocate resources more competently.
The Academy collaborates with high professional and reputable trainers and updates the pool of trainers’ constantly. Trainers are evaluated, a training syllabus is developed.
The updated strategy enables Trainers to attend any educational and training courses according to their individual needs (free of charge) conducted by the Academy to raise trainers’ motivation and enlarge their network.
The Academy of the Ministry of Finance is a growing contemporary educational center that ensures the enhancement of competencies, locally and internationally.
The Academy strengthens professionalism, skills and capabilities through the implementation of high-quality educational programs, training and projects for the public and private sector.
The Academy promotes all learning and development needs of the Ministry of Finance and its substructures.
- We are dedicated pioneers in providing tailor-made educational training and programs.
- We support individuals and organizations in their way of success.
- Our activities do have an impact.
- We add value to our participants’ knowledge and skills in their professional development.
- Our combination of contemporary methodology and digital approaches give practical and tangible results.
Within its field of competence, the Academy supports “UN Agenda 2030” concerning sustainability. The Academy contributes to the sustainability goals by considering the UN Sustainable Development Agenda in all services and activities. The Academy will conduct awareness-raising trainings and activities for its staff members, trainers and stakeholders.
Women Economic Empowerment
Academy actively works to enhance Women Economic Empowerment in Georgia as well as introducing and implementing Gender Responsible Budgeting throughout budgetary organizations by cooperating with The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women). (Moreover, the Academy is committed to the Women’s Empowerment Principles and fully supports gender equality at the workplace)
1. The Academy will ensure the development of knowledge and enhancement of the professional skills of the staff of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia, as well as equip them with the relevant competencies enabling career advancement and increase of self-realization.
2. The Academy provides high quality, contemporary and practical training programs tailored to the requirements of organizations and individuals. The Academy collaborates with professional and reputable trainers and constantly updates the pool of trainers.
3. The Academy is an open, reliable and attractive educational institution that operates in every region of Georgia by providing training and other related activities.
4. The Academy proactively uses digital transformation by applying modern technology to online/distance/blended learning and teaching methodology.
5. The Academy offers an up-to-date learning supportive environment. Trainers and participants feel inspired to work. The technology used by the Academy supports modern standards of all collaborative learning methodologies - online, offline and distance.
6. The Academy is a dependable educational center that operates nationally and internationally by providing trainings and capacity building activities. The Academy is a strategic and trustworthy partner for local organizations in the public and private sectors and international organizations and NGOs.
7. The Academy creates a functional and safe working environment for its staff and trainers. The Academy fully supports and encourages capacity and skill development as well as full utilization of existing knowledge.
8. The Academy operates following international Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001-2015; ISO 21001- 2018). The Academy is characterized by its process-oriented approach and its effective and efficient management.
9. The Academy sets up Training Needs Analysis processes that integrate consulting elements. The Academy identifies a process to improve, as a comprehensive approach for further institutional development.
10. The Academy is oriented to retain existing customers and reach out to new ones on a local and international level. The Academy maintains a good record of customer service.
Goal 1 - Ministry of Finance of Georgia
The Academy will ensure the development of knowledge and enhancement of the professional skills of the staff of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia, as well as equip them with the relevant competencies enabling career advancement and increase of self-realization.
1. The Academy will offer specialized courses and services to the staff of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia and ensure the development of their professional knowledge and skills.
2. The Academy will support the implementation of training needs analysis and offer the result based and tailor-made training courses adjusted to the requirements of the Ministry.
3. The Academy will provide seminars, conferences, workshops and other educational projects aimed to increase the efficiency of the outcomes. To increase the efficiency of the outcomes, the Academy will provide seminars, conferences, workshops and other educational projects.
1. The Academy increases the number of trained staff of the Ministry of Finance by 5% in comparison with the previous year index.
2. The Academy collects, analyzes and plans trainings annually according to TNA results.
3. The Academy provides seminars, conferences, workshops and other educational projects with a 2 % increase each year.
Goal 2 - Trainers and Training Programs
The Academy provides high quality, contemporary and practical training programs tailored to the requirements of organizations and individuals. The Academy collaborates with professional and reputable trainers and updates the pool of trainers’ constantly.
1. In order to increase their professionalism, soft skills and motivation, the Academy introduces Trainer Development Program.
2. The Academy will continuously seek to attract field experts and develop their trainer’s skills according to Academy’s standards.
3. Academy will constantly look for professional highly qualified reputable trainers locally and internationally.
1. Starting from 2021 the Academy annually conducts at least two training programs and workshops to develop trainers’ methodology and professional skills.
2. At least one networking and teambuilding activity is organized annually by the Academy to increase trainers’ motivation and network.
3. The Academy explores the expert market at least once a year and conducts TOTfor chosen field experts (up to 10 experts per year). 20% succeeded experts stay as new trainers at the Academy.
4. Starting from 2021 the Academy looks for up to five highly qualified trainers per year. Chosen trainers conduct demo training and are evaluated by the Academy board according to the academy’s standards.
Goal 3 - Regional Positioning
The Academy is an open, reliable and attractive educational institution that operates in every region of Georgia by providing training and other related activities.
1. The Academy will be represented in every region of Georgia.
2. The Academy will conduct Basic Programs for Professional Development of Public Servants throughout Georgia.
3. The Academy will support the enhancement of skills and competencies of civil servants on the municipality level.
4. The Academy will ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote learning opportunities for all on regional and international levels.
1. The Academy has the branch or representations in at least 8 regions by the end of 2025.
2. The Academy conducts Basic Programs for Professional Development of Public Servants for at least a 2% increase in comparison with the previous year index.
3. The Academy implements trainings, workshops and seminars for the representatives of municipalities throughout Georgia.
4. The Academy oversees that equal participation is offered to every municipality of Georgia. Vulnerable persons can attend training online and/or offline.
Goal 4 - Digitalization
The Academy proactively uses digital transformation by applying modern technology to online/distance/blended learning and teaching methodology.
1. The Academy will analyze the market for suitable hardware and software to enrich and enhance online and blended learning approaches as well as systems to support administrative processes.
2. The Academy will develop online management software.
3. The Academy will develop an online learning platform for participant’s collaboration and content management.
4. Academy’s trainers and staff will show an open mindset concerning the transformation and be able to understand and handle all technology used by the Academy.
1. The Academy analyzes the software and application market twice a year and a report is given to the Academy management.
2. The Academy Process Management Software for the digital transformation (distant/blended learning system) is implemented by December 2022.
3. By December 2021 one online training course is developed and piloted. From 2022, each department of the Academy annually develops one online training course.
4. The Academy conducts special qualification programs for trainers and staff members on how to use new tools and software for the enhancement of professional skills annually starting from 2021.
Goal 5 - Infrastructure
The Academy offers an up-to-date learning supportive environment. Trainers and participants feel inspired to work. The technology used by the Academy supports modern standards of all collaborative learning methodologies - online, offline and distance.
1. Academy will conduct inspections concerning the standards of infrastructure based on ISO and Labor Inspection standards.
2. Academy will conduct inspections concerning the software and online tools in use, on their functionality, usefulness and necessity for further improvement.
3. Trainers and participants will be able to use offered tools properly to better teach learn guide and facilitate.
1. The Academy assesses annually and improves (if needed) infrastructure and technology equipment starting from 2021 both in Tbilisi HQ and the Batumi branch and a report is given to the management.
2. In the case of implementing new learning software, video tutorials and clear instructions are made for the participants and trainers on how to use it in full capacity.
Goal 6 - International Relations and Cooperation
The Academy is a dependable educational center that operates internationally by providing training and capacity building activities. The Academy is a strategic and trustworthy partner for local organizations in the public and private sectors, international organizations and NGOs.
1. The Academy will offer training and other services to the international participants, foreign and international organizations operating in Georgia.
2. The Academy will support other civil organizations in Trainings Needs Assessment and assist in finding relevant donor organizations to secure funds.
3. The Academy will strive to increase partner organizations’ staff professional skills and qualifications by conducting capacity building activities.
4. The Academy will attract new local partner organizations throughout the country; identify regional partner organizations or institutions to implement joint projects.
1. The Academy annually implements training programs under the Georgian Training Program (accredited by IMF), Memorandums/Contracts from 2021. The Academy annually offers at least two training courses in a foreign language for up to 10 participants.
2. From 2022, the Academy supports up to two civil organizations in conducting TNA. Based on TNA results, the Academy secures donor organizations funding
3. The Academy provides at least two Capacity Building Projects that involve sharing the Academy’s expertise and best practices.
4. Academy on an annual basis conducts up to three joint projects together with existing and newly identified regional partner organizations or institutions.
Goal 7 - Strategic HR & Organizational Development
The Academy creates a functional and safe working environment for its staff and trainers. The Academy fully supports and encourages capacity and skill development as well as full utilization of existing knowledge.
Academy will evaluate and take care of the staff development, satisfaction and motivation.
The personnel of the Academy will be fully aware of their duties and responsibilities which contributes to staff motivation and productivity.
1. Satisfaction survey is conducted once a year
1.1 Staff development activities, appraisal interviews and personal development plans are done annually according to the development plan.
1.2 The Academy analyzes and updates job descriptions of its employee according to Implemented HR System till December 2021.
2. Learning processes are described (online, distance learning and face to face) according to the quality management system until December 2021.
Goal 8 – Quality Management
The Academy operates following international Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001-2015; ISO 21001- 2018). The Academy is characterized by its process-oriented approach and its effective and efficient management.
1. The Academy is going to be re-certified in ISO 9001-2015. The Academy will obtain certification in ISO 21001-2018.
2. The Academy will implement, perform and monitor ISO Quality Management Systems requirements.
1. The Academy acquires ISO 21001:2018 in 2021 and maintains it. The Academy gets recertification ISO 9001:2015 until September 2021.
2. The Academy annually conducts ISO external Audit. The Academy conducts an internal audit twice per year. The processes are re-evaluated following the audit results and an improvement action plan is generated.
Goal 9 – Training Needs Analysis
The Academy sets up Training Needs Analysis processes that integrate consulting elements. The Academy identifies a process to improve, as a comprehensive approach for further institutional development.
1. The Academy will be a strategic and reliable partner for local organizations in the public and private sectors. The Academy will strive to increase the number of partner organizations to conduct TNA and offer result based training plans.
2. The Academy will attract new local partner organizations throughout the country.
1. Starting from 2021, the Academy conducts TNA for at least two partner organizations. The Academy analysis TNA results and creates tailored made training action plan. The Academy conducts training programs according to Training Action Plan to the employees of partner institutions.
2. From 2021, the Academy seeks and attracts at least five new local partner organizations.
Goal 10 – Marketing Communication and Customer Service
The Academy is oriented to retain existing customers and reach out to new ones on a local and international level, The Academy maintains a good record of customer service.
1. The Academy will use social media and web resources to analyze its reach and engagement.
2. The Academy will support its representations on a regional and international level by promoting activities.
3. The Academy will conduct various training on trending topics and social purposes to attract new customers.
4. The Academy will conduct online surveys to analyze training modules and receive participant’s feedback.
5. The Academy will conduct surveys after 3/6 months of the training completion to assess training modules and their effectiveness.
1. The Academy monthly analyzes results from Social Media and other online resources and plans further activities accordingly.
2. The Academy equally targets all participant audience (via online sources) according to Academies training plan and announced activities.
3. The Academy follows the trends in the training market, plans accordingly and conducts showcase training, workshops and seminars.
4. After each training, a customer satisfaction survey is conducted according to ISO 21001:2018 standards to assess the effectiveness and quality of the training, trainer and the organizational side.
5. Academy organizes surveys for randomly selected participants to analyze and implement changes in training modules and approaches towards the training participants.